Friday 10 January 2014

Kung Fury Trailer: Another Tongue-In-Cheek Tribute to ’80s Action Flicks


When I saw people promoting yet anotherKickstarter campaign to make a modern grindhouse film set in the ’80s, I kind of thought I had reached my limit. Although I had a great time with Hobo with a ShotgunThe FP andManborg (among others), each one has seemed progressively less unique and inspired. That being said, now that I have seen the trailer forKung Fury, I am starting to realize that these movies are my kryptonite and I am willing to give this one a shot too.
Kung Fury is the brainchild of Swedish director David Sandberg who has a background in commercials and music videos. The story revolves around a kung fu cop from the ’80s who goes back in time to kill Hitler, only to find himself stranded in the age of Vikings. They’ve shot a good chunk of the movie already but they are seeking the funding to make it feature-length. Clearly it is a labour of love, so if you’re a fan of ’80s cinema and pop culture, you might want to give this a look. Check out the trailer after the jump and let us know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise